3.14.2010

0 Green Cleaner Review - Nellies Laundry Soda





I picked up some Nellies Laundry Soda because it was on clearance at the store I get our diapers from. 

It boasts the following:
* made for HE washing machines
* made in Canada
* not tested on animals
* works in cold or hot water and leaves no residue
* biodegradable
* non-toxic
* hypoallergenic
* recyclable packaging
* all natural ingredients

I like how compact the container is for the number of loads I am getting (it is smaller than a 2 litre pop bottle and gives 120 loads). It takes about a tablespoon per load. It has no smell to it. This is not a problem for me but Joe has had a hard time adjusting to not having a "fresh" smell on his clothes. 

My only complaint is that it doesn't get deodorant off of clothes. For example, I had a long sleeve black t-shirt and well I wear stick deodorant. So it leaves a white mark on the inside of the armpits of the shirt. This detergent does not remove that white mark. I have to pre-rinse my shirt with soap and then put it in the washing machine with the Nellies product. Not really an eco-option if you ask me. It has no problem cleaning everything else (even food off baby clothes)...it just seems to be a deodorant issue.

*** I have not been paid to review this product nor was I given any of this product to review. I bought the product myself and am reviewing it on my own.

Related Posts - Check them out

Diaper Review
Green Cleaner Reviews
Method All Purpose Cleaner

No comments:

Post a Comment