5.31.2010

0 Our water heater is on the wall


Is yours?


After having a tankless water heat for 3 years now I can't help but wonder why they even bother making water heaters with tanks. I mean who wants to use water that is heated over and over again as it just sits there in the tank.

I love that our water is heated on demand which saves us a ton of energy. We have unlimited hot water too....which would come on those days where the dishwasher is running and we both need to take showers.

I hate that it takes a minute or so for the water to get hot. Okay it probably isn't all that long but when you want hot water NOW and it is still cold it feels like minutes have gone by. I have dealt with this by finding other things I can do with the water while it is heating up. Like brushing my teeth while waiting to wash my face or filling the Brita while I wait to be able to fill up the sink to wash B's bottles and dishes.

Is it worth the money? Well we didn't have to pay for ours as it came with the house when we bought it. If we didn't have one I would have paid to put one in. Our next home will for sure have one too. If you plan on only being in your home for a few years you won't earn your money back with the energy savings but if you plan on sticking around for awhile it will not only pay for itself but it will save you money.

Related Posts - Check them out
3 for 3
Have you met our apple tree?
Greening your Bathroom

No comments:

Post a Comment