6.14.2010

3 Say hello to our little garden

I finally did it...I planted our garden. Words can not express how excited I was to do this. I planned on doing it last year but when we went to clear out the spot for it we found a nest of bunnies. Stupid bunnies looking all cute and stuff.

So what do we have a growin?  3 types of tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, grean beans, cucumber and WATERMELON. The last one is Joey's choice. He wanted a pumpkin but we could not find any. And lets face it his reasoning for wanting one was silly.

1. To say he has pumpkins
2. To make pumpkin seeds.

So here it is.....I took these when we first planted it in May. Since then things have started to grow. We even have a little tomato growing!!! Sadly we lost one of the tomato plants. It went yellow/brown on the stem, fell over and never recovered. RIP tomato plant, you would have been delicious.

This is when we first plotted it out. Don't you just love our lush lawn?


We used old fence board to edge the garden. I still have to put some stakes in to keep them secure. We filled it with a lot of dirt. We had to make another run to get more...it is deceiving how much you will need. I then fertilized with organic fertilizer (didn't use organic soil because it was $8/bag).


And here is everything planted!!! So exciting! We bought mostly organic. The one one's that aren't are the 4 green peppers.  See the tiny little green blip in the top left corner? That is Joey's watermelon.   The rest of that row is tomatoes.  The next row is the green peppers. The 3rd row is red and yellow peppers. The front row is beans and cucumbers.



Related Posts - Check them out


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new garden! I have been an avid gardener for 15 years now, and I can honestly say it is one of the great joys of my life. There's something so primal about connecting with the dirt and the seasons.

    Just discovered your blog... can't wait to read more!

    Yours in Frugal Green-ness,
    Rebecca The Greeniac
    www.GreeniacDigest.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I hope that you have an excellent harvest, and that it is all delicious. I know it will be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I'm visiting from Fun Follow Friday. I signed up to be a new follower.

    ReplyDelete