7.12.2010

2 To Compost or Not To Compost


I consider myself to be a pretty kick ass composter. It is getting to the point where we will shovel a path to get to it in the winter.  I was sweeping up dog hair tonight and didn't even think twice about putting it into the garbage. I KNOW I can compost it but it is just one of those things that I never actually put into the compost bin. I guess the only other thing that I don't compost is kleenex.

Again, I have no clue why I don't...perhaps I need to start working on it so that I do compost everything we can.

Do you have a separate compost bin in your bathrooms to collect things like kleenex? Or do you separate it all out when you go to dump out the garbage?

OMG do not whatever you do google 'dog fur'. WTF? There are some seriously sick people out there.

Related Posts - Check them out
The Disappearing Bag
Weekly Eco-Challenge: Waste Streams
Compost Heaven

2 comments:

  1. Rachel Logan7/13/2010 3:14 PM

    yep, we compost kleenex - and have garbage pales in the bathrooms specifically for composting.
    We dont have our own composter in the backyard... but it goes in the green bin every week.

    -R-

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in B.C. and our city has already addopted composting. We started last year and now they are changing the pick up schedule in Jan. to every week instead of every other and the garbage can pick up will be every other week now...GO GREEN!! COMPOST!!!

    http://www.littlebambinochildrenswear.blogspot.com
    follow back

    ReplyDelete