12.17.2010

6 The North vs The South

I purchased winter tires last week and it got me thinking about something. Do I have a bigger impact on the environment because I live here vs my friends who live in Florida, California and Texas? I have to buy winter clothes and a second set of tires.  There is the de-icing material for the sidewalk and driveway (although I do chose to use an environmentally friendly product) and having to have the heat on in the winter (and the AC on in the summer). Produce this time of the year is certainly not from here so there is the impact of growing it elsewhere and shipping it here. 


Has anyone else thought about this? What do you think?

Hmmm perhaps I have stumbled upon a Masters thesis topic??

Related Posts - Check them out

6 comments:

  1. thats a very interesting Masters topic, Jen.

    and Nicole... I enjoyed your book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's possible I guess. I know I have never had to buy winter tires before! LOL! Not here in TX. Maybe there are some greenhouses up there and it might not be coming from as far as you think??? IDK! Great questions!

    Found you on the blog hop! I'm your newest follower! http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh interesting!! i'd totally read it!

    following you via green blog hop, looking forward to getting to know you more!

    thanks, stacy

    crazygreenmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blog hopping and found your blog. I'm now following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jenny - Most of our grocery stores indicate where the produce is coming from. This time of year you mostly see USA, Mexico, Guatemala etc.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only one solution. Move to Cali! ;-)

    ReplyDelete