9.27.2010

3 Home vs City Compost

Last week we received a note on our door saying that in a few weeks we will be receiving our green bin. This excites me greatly. We can compost so much more in the city system vs our home compost system (ie: meat). But if you have a city compost system do you still compost at home?

 

I can see the benefits in the winter time. No more shoveling a path to get to the composter...no more wet feet as I walk through a foot of snow. I guess I am going to have to figure out how much I need to be putting into our home composter to keep it going and put the rest into the city system.

If you have a city compost system let me know what you like about it and how you balance your home compost system if you have one.

Related Posts - Check them out

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow! A City compost! That's AWESOME!!!

    Melanie
    www.goinggreenwithnoah.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are starting to be very common up here. In fact I would say that our city is rolling ours out kind of late compared to other cities. Regardless I am excited to finally have the program in our neighbourhood.

    Do they not have them in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is so cool! That's the first I have heard of such a system. I'm just excited that our city FINALLY went green last year and implemented a great recycling program.

    Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. I would like to invite you to this week’s The Wednesday Window . It is the place to feature your favorite blog post of the past week or so, for more details check out Frugality Is Free. The Wednesday Window linky will open up around 10 p.m.

    ReplyDelete